The Monroe County Teachers Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit, cooperative financial institution serving its members since 1950 with a wide range of services to meet all their financial needs. To join the Credit Union, you must be in our field of membership, which includes:
- Employees of Monroe County District School Board and Florida Keys Community College who work in Monroe County, Florida;\Students of the Monroe County School District, Keys Community College;
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union;
- Persons retired as pensioners of annuitants from the above employment;
- Employees of this credit union;
- Volunteers of above employee groups;
- Members of their immediate families to include relatives by blood, marriage or legal adoption, spouses, parents, children, grandchildren, and siblings; and
- Organizations of such persons
As a member, you actually are a owner of the credit union. You have a vote in the elections held annually to fill positions on the voluntary Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee.
Once you join the credit union, you are always a member, even if you leave your job, retire, or move out of the area. As long as you keep your account open, the full range of benefits are available to you.
Questions, we’re here to help just call us at 305-296-8546.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR
OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means to you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.